Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse

fullsizeoutput_440

This is the Belcarra blouse from Sewaholics. It’s a very straight-foreward shirt to make, minus the fabric issues I’ll detail later. This fabric is a nice, lightweight cotton that I found in a remnants bin at Nuttal’s. It’s moderately sheer, has a great drape, and enough stretch for a pull over.  Continue reading “Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse”

Flannel With a Bust Adjustment

As anticipated, the original Granville pattern is going to need a full bust adjustment. Everything else is close to fitting well, except for the chest. So I took the original pattern and got to work. fullsizeoutput_2a5

Continue reading “Flannel With a Bust Adjustment”

Shirt-making

Back to the original shirt project. This is an initial muslin for the Sewaholics Granville shirt. It is a traditional women’s button up shirt with updated fitting. There are underarm darts, and princess seams along the back giving it a more modern and fitted look.

Granville sketch

Link to picture and website: HERE  (I’m not affiliated with Sewaholic)

I had the pattern printed and muslin cut previously, and today I put the first muslin together and began adjusting the pattern. Continue reading “Shirt-making”