Second Muslin, and Sewing a Collar the Easier Way

With the pattern adjusted, all the fabric was cut to check fitting again. I had found a decent flannel at a good price, and was optimistic in how the updated pattern would fit, and so I went ahead and cut it.

fullsizeoutput_2bf

 

Continue reading “Second Muslin, and Sewing a Collar the Easier Way”

Flannel With a Bust Adjustment

As anticipated, the original Granville pattern is going to need a full bust adjustment. Everything else is close to fitting well, except for the chest. So I took the original pattern and got to work. fullsizeoutput_2a5

Continue reading “Flannel With a Bust Adjustment”

Shirt-making

Back to the original shirt project. This is an initial muslin for the Sewaholics Granville shirt. It is a traditional women’s button up shirt with updated fitting. There are underarm darts, and princess seams along the back giving it a more modern and fitted look.

Granville sketch

Link to picture and website: HERE  (I’m not affiliated with Sewaholic)

I had the pattern printed and muslin cut previously, and today I put the first muslin together and began adjusting the pattern. Continue reading “Shirt-making”