Over the past three weeks or so, I’ve been slowly picking my way through a reverse engineering of a favorite pair of pants. These military surplus pants finally died this year, after many adventures, and were some of my favorite pants yet. What I thought was going to be an easy tear apart and copy, turned into an involved project that took quite a while longer than expected. Continue reading “Reverse Engineered Field Pants”
I used the leftover fabric from my Winter Weight Crew to make up a pair of bottoms for this upcoming winter. I was able to draft a successful pattern that includes ankle cuffs, waistband, and a crotch gusset for increased mobility. Continue reading “Self Drafted Long Underwear with Gusseted Crotch”
This is the Strathcona Henley shirt from Thread Theory, made with synthetic wicking fabric from Outdoor Wilderness Fabric. I’ve been milling around in the sewing room all summer, but without any real results, so I’m excited to have finished something useable. Continue reading “Thread Theory Winter Weight Crew”
This is the Belcarra blouse from Sewaholics. It’s a very straight-foreward shirt to make, minus the fabric issues I’ll detail later. This fabric is a nice, lightweight cotton that I found in a remnants bin at Nuttal’s. It’s moderately sheer, has a great drape, and enough stretch for a pull over. Continue reading “Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse”
I’ve had some spare time recently, and put together a pair of denim tote bags for a friend. I’ve been hanging onto a few yards of 12 oz Cone Mills Denim, and decided it was time to use some.
I’ve made two other totes with this design, and have included some pictures at the end of this post.
Continue reading “Selvedge Denim Tote (updated 5/15/18)”