This is the Strathcona Henley shirt from Thread Theory, made with synthetic wicking fabric from Outdoor Wilderness Fabric. I’ve been milling around in the sewing room all summer, but without any real results, so I’m excited to have finished something useable. Continue reading “Thread Theory Winter Weight Crew”
This is the Belcarra blouse from Sewaholics. It’s a very straight-foreward shirt to make, minus the fabric issues I’ll detail later. This fabric is a nice, lightweight cotton that I found in a remnants bin at Nuttal’s. It’s moderately sheer, has a great drape, and enough stretch for a pull over. Continue reading “Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse”
The muslins have already been built, but I thought that I would include some before and after pictures. The light blue shirt is the original pattern, unaltered. The green flannel has a full bust adjustment, sleeve length, and shoulder width alterations.
Continue reading “Reading the Muslin”
The last post started to run long, so we’ll continue here. I used a variation on setting the sleeves, to make them easier to topstitch, and updated the sleeve plackets with a much better technique.
Continue reading “Finishing the Green Flannel”
With the pattern adjusted, all the fabric was cut to check fitting again. I had found a decent flannel at a good price, and was optimistic in how the updated pattern would fit, and so I went ahead and cut it.
Continue reading “Second Muslin, and Sewing a Collar the Easier Way”