This is a modified Jalie 2679 soft-shell jacket made for my wife. I used the original pattern and added a hood, pocket covers, zipper cover, and a full lining. The 2679 is a very practical pattern that works well for fleece, soft-shell and hard-shell materials. To see the original post about making the unaltered pattern, go Here. Otherwise, continue reading to see the modified version.
Continue reading “Modified Jalie 2679 Softshell”
I’ve tried a couple of different pattern drafting books in the past, and neither of them have been very good. There are missing steps, poorly written directions, elusive measurements that don’t work, etc. Fortunately, I stumbled across Myoungok Kim and Injoo Kim’s book, Pattern Making for Menswear: Classic to Contemporary. This book has the most clear instructions and diagrams I’ve seen in a drafting book, and produces fast and accurate results.
Continue reading “Torso Sloper Draft and Book Review”
This is the Belcarra blouse from Sewaholics. It’s a very straight-foreward shirt to make, minus the fabric issues I’ll detail later. This fabric is a nice, lightweight cotton that I found in a remnants bin at Nuttal’s. It’s moderately sheer, has a great drape, and enough stretch for a pull over. Continue reading “Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse”
The muslins have already been built, but I thought that I would include some before and after pictures. The light blue shirt is the original pattern, unaltered. The green flannel has a full bust adjustment, sleeve length, and shoulder width alterations.
Continue reading “Reading the Muslin”
As anticipated, the original Granville pattern is going to need a full bust adjustment. Everything else is close to fitting well, except for the chest. So I took the original pattern and got to work.
Continue reading “Flannel With a Bust Adjustment”